Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What A Morning...


I'm super tired this morning. Luke woke up around 2 am, then 6:30-ish, and finally for good at 7:15. He's been pretty clingy, wanting me to hold him or be right next to him. Usually he'll play and explore on his own for awhile in the morning. I'm almost positive that his teeth are driving him crazy. (Me too!)
He still won't eat much of anything. If he does eat, it's done by force or I somehow catch that teeny tiny window of opportunity that doesn't always present itself. He's totally over veggies, unless they're starchy. Anything with bread/noodles is out. Moms, any advice you have on getting picky eaters and non-interested eaters to actually eat, I'm listening!!
I entertained well enough to get him to eat 3/4 of a container of the Gerber fruit medley Smoothie whatever. I sang, made sound effects, tried to sneak it up on him, really did everything I had energy to try. I consider breakfast a small success.
Afterward, we were chillin in the living room, and he got a little fussy again. So weird. So I tried to play and give him some of his fave toys to distract from the teeth issue. He was smiling and hung out by me for awhile, and then he went over by the kitchen to the baby gate. He pulled up and was just looking around. It was almost peaceful... I should've known.
He must've had a rumbly in his tumbly because I heard the explosion in the diaper. Nothing out of the ordinary here lately. I planned on giving him a minute or two to finish and then tackling the mess. Sweet Jesus, I wanted to cry when my eyes saw the scene as I went to get him. He was sitting by the baby gate SPLASHING HIS HAND IN A PUDDLE OF POOP that had leaked out the side of his blasted diaper! SICK! GROSS! BARF! EWWWWWW! And it was all over his leg, splashing hand, and adjacent arm! WoW!
So, I snatched him up, carefully, and sprinted us into the guest bathroom, where all his bath stuff is. I stood him in the bathtub and started running the water, and then I removed the nasty diaper and his night shirt. I held him under the water and rinsed him off, then stood him up and filled his little bathtub so I could bathe him good! (Yes, the tub will have to be scrubbed, but there was nothing a pre-tub wipe down could've done. Seriously.)
He had a blast in his bath. I could still smell the diaper, which I tossed into the sink because I didn't know what to do with it. When he was finally clean and dressed, I had to get to the poo-poo puddle and clean it up. Eww! Luckily it was almost exactly the color of our carpet. Eww again.
All this, and it wasn't even 9 am yet.

1 comment:

  1. I learned the hard way that babies sometimes just don't want to eat, and any doctor will say it's totally normal, especially whe their little tummies are out of whack. If you keep offering a variety of foods (even if he wont touch it) it will help with his pickiness eventually. It's hard to do because it's a lot of work. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete